A simple kit for WiFi & 4G connectivity onboard your boat. This kit allows you to connect to local hotspots or mobile data networks (4G and 3G) and share this connection with multiple wireless devices onboard plus upto 3 wired devices. This includes Phones, Tablets, Laptops, Navigation Equipment & Entertainment Systems.
The kit includes everything needed to connect and install the system:
SURFWIFI2 inc 2x 5dBi Antenna for connection to WiFi Hotspots
SURF4G Router with b/g/n WiFi Access Point & Gigabit LAN Port
The SurfWiFi2 allows fast selection of any available WiFi Hotspot (if password is known) and stays connected long after mobile devices and laptops have lost signal.
SurfWiFi2 Features include:
- Rugged, fully sealed polycarbonate case
- 802.11n/g/b MIMO Radio
- Upto +31dBm output power - subject to EIRP Regulations
- Easy to use web-based Interface
- Twin 2.4 GHz - 5dBi outdoor omni-directional whip antenna
- PoE injector regulator for 12V/24V DC operation (9-36vDC)
- 15m Ethernet cable
- 1m Ethernet cable
- Up to 7-mile range from a quality WiFi HotSpot
- Integral Firewall, NAT & DHCP Server
- Integrated Mounting Bracket with stainless steel and plastic ties
- Quick Start Guide
- One year limited warranty
- FREE Online Firmware Upgrades
The Surf4G Router gives easy access to LTE 4G mobile connectivity. The Surf4G is designed for the harshest environments, but keeping ease of use as the priority.
- Automatic Cellular Network Setup - AutoAPN - no more fiddling with SIM card settings and hunting on the internet for the correct options.
- Simple web-based interface for extremely simple operation & setup
- Connects to 4G (LTE) 3G (HSDPA) and GPRS Data Networks
- Secure SIM prevents damage and environmental corrosion
- Operates on both 12 and 24v DC Voltages (8-40vDC)
- 2nd Internet WAN Port for WiFi Hotspot, Satellite or Shore DSL Connections
- Requires Standard SIM with active data contract / Pay AsYou Go
- Includes 2no WiFi Whip Antenna and 2no LTE Whip Antenna for out-of-box connectivity
- Includes multiple mounting options including Quick Release Bracket, DIN rail mount, Screw Fixings and Desktop
- Upgradable with dual external 4G Antennas - see cables and 4G Antennas
The super fast Surf4G router locates and connects to the strongest 4G 3G or GSM signal or rapidly switches to a 2nd WAN connection for connecting to WiFi Hotspots using the Rogue Pro.
Mobile Network APN settings are automatically added without needing to access the web interface, so no more hunting for the correct settings.*
The Surf4G gives you the convenience of high speed connectivity for both wired & wireless with multiple devices thanks to its integral WiFi and LAN Port, allowing Laptops (PC and Mac), Mobiles, Tablets (Apple and Android) and Network Devices such as Plotters and entertainment devices such as Sonos or AppleTV to connect to the internet.
The Surf4G does not include a AC Mains Adapter and is designed for permanent installation.
There are 2 models available covering different frequency bands worldwide for LTE and 3G networks. Different countries use different frequency bands so please check which model you require. If you require full worldwide coverage, both models would be needed, these can be configured to operate together as a single network. Please contact us for more information.
EU Model Frequencies
|Band 1 (2100 MHz)||
Band 1 (2100 MHz)
GSM 850 (850 MHz)
|Band 3 (1800 MHz)||Band 2 (1900 MHz)||EGSM 900 (900 MHz)|
|Band 7 (2600 MHz)||Band 5 (850 MHz)||DCS 1800 (1800 MHz)|
|Band 8 (900 MHz)||Band 6 (800 MHz)||PCS 1900 (1900 MHz)|
|Band 20 (800 MHz)||Band 8 (900 MHz)|
US Model Frequencies
Band 2 (1900MHz)
Band 1 (2100 MHz)
GSM 850 (850 MHz)
|Band 4 (AWS) (1700 / 2100MHz)||Band 2 (1900 MHz)||EGSM 900 (900 MHz)|
|Band 5 (850MHz)||Band 4 (AWS 1700/2100MHz)||DCS 1800 (1800 MHz)|
|Band 13 (700MHz)||Band 5 (850 MHz)||PCS 1900 (1900 MHz)|
|Band 17 (700MHz)||Band 8 (900 MHz)|
|Band 25 (1900MHz G Block)|
* Note Automatic APN works for most network carriers but on some operators and on some contract SIM's you may be required to enter the APN manually. The Automatic APN function uses data from the connected carrier and is outside the control of YachtSurfer.
Switching between 4G Cellular and WiFi hotspots is simple with a single click in the browser interface.